Close Menu
ceofeature.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest leadership tips, exclusive interviews, and expert advice from top CEOs. Simply enter your email below and stay ahead of the curve!.

    What's Hot

    Asia FX muted in thin trade; kiwi drops on RBNZ rate hold, dovish tone

    February 18, 2026

    Swedish krona stock rallies too far, UBS warns of potential rebound

    February 17, 2026

    An enduring portrait of courage in the C-suite

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    ceofeature.com
    ceofeature.com
    ceofeature.com
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • CEO News
    • Investing
    • Opinion
    • Market
    • Magazine
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    Subscribe
    ceofeature.com
    Home Trump allows New York offshore wind project after apparent gas pipeline compromise with state
    Business

    Trump allows New York offshore wind project after apparent gas pipeline compromise with state

    Daniel snowBy Daniel snowMay 20, 20253 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    File: The wind farm in the Baltic Sea 35 kilometres northeast of Rügen is a joint venture of the Essen-based energy group Eon and the Norwegian shareholder Equinor.

    Bernd Wüstneck | Picture Alliance | Getty Images

    Norwegian energy company Equinor will resume construction on its offshore wind farm in New York, after the Trump administration lifted its order to halt work on the project.

    Empire Wind 1 will be the first offshore wind project to deliver electricity directly to New York City. The Interior Department under the Biden administration approved the project last year after Equinor signed a lease issued by the Department of Interior in 2017.

    But Interior Secretary Doug Burgum ordered construction on Empire Wind to stop on April 16, alleging that the Biden administration rushed the project’s approval “without sufficient analysis or consultation among the relevant agencies as relates to the potential effects.”

    New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said Monday evening that Burgum and President Donald Trump agreed to lift the stop work order and allow the project to move forward “after countless conversations with Equinor and White House officials.” Empire Wind supports 1,500 union jobs, Hochul said.

    Burgum said he was encouraged by Hochul’s “willingness to move forward on critical pipeline capacity.”

    “Americans who live in New York and New England would see significant economic benefits and lower utility costs from increased access to reliable, affordable, clean American natural gas,” the Interior Secretary said in a post on social media platform X.

    Hochul did not mention natural gas in her statement, though she “reaffirmed that New York will work with the Administration and private entities on new energy projects that meet the legal requirements” under state law. New York has a history of opposing new natural gas pipelines.

    Trump has targeted the wind industry, despite his agenda calling for the U.S. to achieve energy dominance. The president issued an executive order on his first day in office that barred new leases for offshore wind in U.S. waters and ordered a review of leasing and permitting practices.

    Trump has a long history of attacking wind turbines dating back to at least 2012, arguing that they kill birds and cost more than they generate in revenue.

    Empire Wind 1 started construction in the spring of 2024 and is more than 30% complete. Equinor has invested $2.5 billion in the project so far. The company is planning to build 54 turbines that are up to 910 feet tall. Empire Wind 1 will have generated 810 megawatts of electricity, which is enough to power half a million homes, according to Equinor.

    Equinor Chief Financial Officer Torgrim Reitan called the Trump administration’s order to stop work unlawful, extraordinary and unprecedented during the company’s first-quarter earnings call April 30.

    “We have complied with this order. However, the order did not include any information about the alleged deficiencies in the approval,” Reitan said.

    Three other offshore wind projects are under construction in the U.S. all located on the Eastern Seaboard. They are Revolution and Sunrise Wind in New England and Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind.

    Dominion Energy is confident Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind will continue to move forward, CEO Robert Blue said on the company’s May 1 earnings call. It is 55% complete and will deliver electricity in early 2026, Blue said.

    Orsted remains fully committed to Revolution and Sunrise Wind, CEO Rasmus Errboe said on the company’s May 7 earnings call. Revolution and Sunrise are about 75% and 35% complete respectively, Errboe said.

    Catch up on the latest energy news from CNBC Pro:



    Source link

    Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Daniel snow
    • Website

    Related Posts

    MrBeast Expands Into Fintech With Acquisition of Step

    February 10, 2026

    New Anthropic AI Tool Sparks $285 Billion Rout Across Global Markets

    February 7, 2026

    PayPal Dumps CEO in Surprise Shake-Up, Poaches HP’s Top Executive as Replacement

    February 7, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    What Happens When a Teen Prodigy Becomes a Power CEO?

    September 15, 2025

    Acun Ilıcalı and Esat Yontunç Named in Expanding Investigation as Authorities Remain Silent

    January 27, 2026

    Queen of the North: How Ravinna Raveenthiran is Redefining Real Estate with Resilience and Compassion

    October 22, 2024

    Redefining leadership and unlocking human potential, Meet Janice Elsley

    June 4, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Asia FX muted in thin trade; kiwi drops on RBNZ rate hold, dovish tone

    By Daniel snowFebruary 18, 2026

    Asia FX muted in thin trade; kiwi drops on RBNZ rate hold, dovish tone Source…

    Swedish krona stock rallies too far, UBS warns of potential rebound

    February 17, 2026

    An enduring portrait of courage in the C-suite

    February 17, 2026

    USD/PKR faces limited movement as BofA cites balanced outlook

    February 17, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter

    Subscribe to Updates

    Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest leadership tips, exclusive interviews, and expert advice from top CEOs. Simply enter your email below and stay ahead of the curve!.

    About Us
    About Us

    Welcome to CEO Feature, where we dive deep into the exhilarating world of entrepreneurs and CEOs from across the globe! Brace yourself for captivating stories that will blow your mind and leave you inspired.

    Facebook X (Twitter)
    Featured Posts

    The Art of Private Luxury – Vanke Jinyu Huafu by Mr. Tony Tandijono

    September 28, 2018

    5 Simple Tips to Take Care of Larger Air Balloons

    January 4, 2020

    5 Ways Your Passport Can Ruin Your Cool Holiday Trip

    January 5, 2020
    Worldwide News

    5 Flavoursome Pizza Shops you Should Check Out in Toronto

    January 13, 20210

    Save $90 on The HS700E 4K Drone, An Ideal Beginner

    January 14, 20210

    Cryptographers Are Not Happy With How Using the Word ‘Crypto’

    January 14, 20210
    • www.ceofeature.com
    @2025 copyright by ceofeature

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.